Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post 12

Part 1: The Description

For this we are supposed to come up with an assignment that has not been done but that Dr. Strange may use in the future. I have always had a hard time being the person to come up with ideas or make decisions when hanging with friends, so I'm not very confident in the assignment I have created.

screenshot of man in old office


I noticed that a lot of the times for our blog posts we either have to watch a video or read an article, so I have decided that this is a good place to start. I went online and started searching for videos on technology and I found a video on YouTube about technological changes over the last decade. This video should be watched by students who can then discuss the changes they saw in the video and which ones they participated in, whether it was getting a desktop or cell phone, or even the CDs and movies bought for the different posters in the background. They may even be put into groups and asked to make a video similar to this for different time periods. If that was the case then they would also be assigned the behind the scenes video.

Behind the Scenes screenshot

Part 2: Doing the Assignment

I loved watching this video, and I can say that I remember using all of the technology in the "change" during this video. I had a tape player when I was about 7 years old, and got my first CD player a year after they were introduced. For floppy disks, I had to use them the whole time I was in Elementary school. I don't really remember what I used in middle school but I'm assuming that I started out with floppy disks and then we moved to CDs. I know there are teachers, even at colleges, that still have their students turn in work on CDs today. Flash drives became very popular very quickly while I was a teen and they are still what most people resort to today when they need to save a paper, music or movie off of their computers. I can honestly say that for the posters in the background I was a fan of most of the movies and singers. I listened to every new Britney song when they came out and I loved Shakira's music. For the movies, I loved The Lord of The Rings trilogy but didn't really care for Avatar. I think that if MWS Media were to do a video of the changes made in the last year there would be almost as many.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeni,
    I think you did a really good job. This video was pretty cool! I'm definitely not the type of person who is creative with technology, if someone doesn't show or tell me about it, I'm lost! This video encompasses the core of this class with a fun visual of how quickly technology changes in a relatively small amount of time and of course keeping up with it. -good find

    ReplyDelete