Sunday, April 08, 2012

Blog Assignment 11

Kathy Cassidy
Tech Savvy first grade class


The video Little Kids... Big Potential by Kathy Cassidy is about her first grade class and the technology they are already using in it. She uses wikis, blogs, videos and Nintendo DS' in her classroom and her students seem to not only enjoy using them but learning as well.  In my future classroom I hope I am actually able to use all of these things and the SMARTBoards. This way I would be technologically caught up with the way teachers should be at the time. By this I mean that by the time I get into a classroom they should all be running pretty much on technology alone. Textbooks, notebooks and pens should be for those that need a bit more time with learning the different subjects.

Dr. Strange and some of his former students in EDM310 also did a Skype interview with her and they discussed how long she has been using technology in her classroom and why she started. Dr. Strange also made sure to ask her the two important questions in this class: "What is technological literacy?" and "Should all teachers be technologically literate?" I agree with Dr. Strange and Ms. Cassidy that they should be and that it is more than just being able to use the tools in Microsoft Office.

2 comments:

  1. In Mobile County? In a few years? I hope so but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni,

    It sounds like you really understood and learned from this assignment. I liked the way Ms. Cassidy gave her answers to Dr. Strange and the other students. Keep up the good work!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete