Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog Assignment 4

Person with Purple background standing on word PodCast


The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale was a very interesting read. All the reasons for podcasting that I read were very true and show how it makes sense for us to have them in classes now. Some of the reasons included:
- Effective communication
- Allows for project based learning
- The parents can see and hear what their child is learning/doing at school
This showed me that I can do this even with my group not meeting regularly, which takes in the reason of "distance learning" listed on the post.


Langwitches
This was a blog post from someone that had done a project with a class of first graders in which they did their very own read along audiobook with podcasts. The children were excited to do this type of new project and were just as excited when they got to read along to the very one they had just finished. I think that this shows that if first graders can do it on the spur of the moment than with us having time to prepare that our individual groups should have no trouble doing a podcast.

Judy Scharf
She tells what a podcast is and gives you tips and suggestions for a successful podcast. This site will help me in doing my own podcast because I can just go back and look at her tips when I am unsure of what to do next.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Melissa Willis. I posted my blog post while meaning to to press save. I noticed that you had commented on it and wanted to let you know the posted had been deleted and so has your comment. I wanted to tell you just in case I was your classmate to comment on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni,

    This post was a little on the short side! However, I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your thoughts on the blogs about podcasting. I like how you listed some of the main reasons that podcasting is an effective tool to use with students. The only thing I would say is that it is kind of short and you could have went in to a little more detail. Other than that its a really good post and I enjoyed reading a fellow student's opinion on podcasting and its integration into the classroom.

    Lindsey Edwards

    ReplyDelete