Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

A picture of myself


Hi, my name is Jenifer "Jeni" Stovall. I am a third year sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I have lived in Clarksville, IN, Orange County, CA, Louisville, Ky and am currently in Mobile, AL. My major interests are very small and consist of only reading, writing in my journal, hanging out with my friends and volunteer with animals, when I get the chance is when I'm the happiest. I am currently attending USA simply to stay close to home, it is only a two minute drive from my house and my mother is actually attending the college right now as well. Some things about my personal life include that I have always been close to my family and relied on them for support but things have been a little bizarre for me lately as my mother is now trying to distance herself so that I will grow to be a more independent young lady, I have only recently started to accept the fact that this change is necessary and have even sensed a change within myself. I absolutely hate negative people and am on the way of getting them completely out of my life, if I sense that a person will effect my life, my family or my friends in a negative way then I avoid them; it is something that has only recently began for me and am still working out all the kinks in my plan so it may take some time and I may lose many of the ones I consider to be friends but I think that it will be a change for the better. I want to be an Elementary Educator because I love getting to work with little kids and they always seem to be willing to listen to me so I am hoping that by catching them in the beginning I can make a difference in their lives and the will want to learn. Because I have seen a lack of drive in today's youth about learning, I temporarily lost faith in the profession I had chosen but I am learning to just go with things and that there are still kids today that are willing to learn and want to grow into educated adults. I am passionate about people, I know it sounds weird and creepy but I mean it in the best way. I love seeing the smiling faces of people every day and strive my hardest to make anyone I come into contact with that isn't smiling smile. Above all things I am passionate about books. If I lived in a perfect world I would be the only person that loved books that way I wouldn't have to share them with anyone! I can't think of anything else interesting about me besides the fact that you will never see me wearing matching socks, so if anyone wants to know anything else you can just leave a comment asking it. 
Dr. Randy Pausch's Video on Time Management: I learned from him that it is very important to have a daily to do list and that being able to follow it isn't always easy. His video taught me that because it can be hard that it is okay to make some changes or adjustments to your list or plan as needed

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Louisville. In fact, my grandmother lived right across from Churchill Downs. Have you ever been to the Kentucky derby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never went to it in person, but I never missed it on TV when I lived there. I haven't watched it since though.

    ReplyDelete